Chilled Corn Soup
- 1 container (28 oz) Stock Options Fresh Vegetable Stock
- 3 medium ears of sweet corn, shucked
(or 1 16 oz pkg of frozen sweet corn)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped (3/4 tsp, if dry)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
In a saucepan on low heat slowly sweat onions in oil until translucent. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
Take off heat and blend. Pass through chinois to strain, and chill.