Pollo en Chile Negro
- 2 whole chickens
- 28 oz (one container) Stock Options Roasted Chicken Stock
Poach chicken very gently in stock, remove and leave in large pieces.
- 30 guajillos (New Mexican chiles will substitute)
- 10 chiles Colorado Anchos negros,
remove stems and seeds and brown carefully in oil
- 10 pimientos (black pepper corns)
- 15 clavos (whole cloves)
- 3 ajos (garlic cloves) Saute in oil till soft
Put all above with some broth in liquadora (blender), then strain thru a wire colander, add more broth to make consistency of heavy cream and cook slowly till tastes are blended, adding salt as needed. Add pieces of chicken and simmer to absorb taste. Serve with white rice and black beans.